WHY choose us?
Why ban’s diving?
Ban’s Diving Resort is one of the world’s leading PADI Dive Centers – having successfully certified over 200,000 combined student diver and professional certifications in the last 25 years.
Along with our extensive curriculum (14 day program) for our PADI Instructor Development Course including lunch and an IDC T-Shirt we offer the following benefits:
- PADI instructor Development Courses led by an experienced Platinum Course Director – Guillaume Fargues.
- Unlimited diving with our diving internship programs after the IDC
- Small person group sizes with ratios of 6:1 below industry standard
- PADI Instructor Development Courses taught by Course Directors in English, French, Japanese and Chinese and translators for language Courses in German, Spanish, Dutch and Thai.
- Free IDC preparation including
- Dive theory review for Physics, Physiology, Dive Skills & The Environment, Decompression Theory and RDP practice and Equipment.
- In water Rescue Assessment and Skills Development along with Confined and Open Water workshops.
- Assisting on experienced instructor courses to learn course schedules and become comfortable in the Koh Tao diving environment.
- Guaranteed course pass and success at the exams, or we pay for the extra exam fees, and offer a second IDC for free!
- Affordable long-term accommodation available during the course.
- Dive equipment use during the IDC and Instructor Examination is provided for the program and discount on equipment purchases available to IDC candidates at 20% discount on retail rates.
- On site 4 fresh water training pools providing more time for skill development, dedicated IDC Classroom with Free Wifi access available at the Dive Centre, restaurant and resort areas.
- Opportunity to get involved with our Project Aware – Marine Debris and Shark Conservation Specialty Courses.
Tec, Sidemount and Rebreather try dives (subject to availability)
Job placement and resume preparation – we have trained over 1400 instructors in 20 years, many now working as dive centre/resort managers, live aboard captains, super yacht personnel, also as PADI Course Directors themselves and even for PADI. Join our unmatched professional worldwide network !
Get 25 or more certifications on completion of your PADI MSDT and Internship program.
Why go pro?: it’s your decision to make to change your life
If you are already visiting this website it means you have begun the first step in considering becoming a PADI Professional, whether it be to become a PADI Divemaster, PADI Assistant Instructor or PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor you have started your transformation.
The Scuba diving industry is an exciting area to work in. As a PADI Dive Professional, you will not only have constant social interaction with people on land, but your office will most likely located on a beach front and you will spend the majority of your time underwater. This is where the fun begins and you have the opportunity to pass on your personal experiences and passion for the aquatic environment to many others.
Becoming a PADI Scuba Diving Instructor is your “ Passport” to traveling the world and exploring many beautiful and exotic places above and below the ocean.
Why koh tao?
There are many choices worldwide for becoming a dive professional and whilst each location has different appeals, Koh Tao offers much more.
Koh Tao is located in the Gulf of Thailand, and is neighboured by Nang Yuan Island to the north, and Koh Phangan and Koh Samui to the south east. The island was initially used as a stop off for fishermen in need of shelter from storms or a break in a long journey.
In 1933 the island was used as a political prison, and remained as such for 14 years until the prisoners were released to the shores of Surat Thani. That same year the first long term settlers arrived, many of their families still owning large areas of land here. The population has risen steadily over the years, having developed significantly from the early days, where locals made their living selling coconuts, growing vegetables and fishing.
In the 1980’s Koh Tao was discovered by the first backpackers. Word travelled fast about this tiny island paradise with its amazing beaches and crystal clear waters. It didn’t take long before more travellers were making the trip, and because of this, bigger boats were brought in to make access easier for all.
Koh Tao has everything you need and more, no matter what you want to get out of your stay. Those on a more laid back vibe can chillax on one of many picturesque sandy beaches, snorkel the shallow reefs or take some yoga classes. The more adventurous may want to rent motorbikes to explore further, hike the jungle peaks to deserted bays and rocky inlets of the east coast or go rock climbing. Other fun activities include taking a Thai cookery course or having a go at Koh Tao’s mini golf, fun for families and groups of friends alike